GDL Gold Bar Specifications
Specifications for a Good Delivery Gold Bar Weight:
Minimum gold content: 350 fine troy ounces (approximately 10.9 kilograms)
Maximum gold content: 430 fine troy ounces (approximately 13.4 kilograms)
The gross weight of a bar should be expressed in troy ounces, in multiples of 0.025, rounded down to the nearest 0.025 of a troy ounce.
The recommended dimensions for a Good Delivery gold bar are approximately as follows:
- Length (Top): 250 mm+/- 40 mm Undercut * range: 5-25 degrees
- Width (Top): 70 mm +/- 15 mm Undercut *: 5-25 degrees
- Height: 35 mm +/- 10 mm
*The undercut refers to the degree of slope on the side and ends of the bar and is calculated using the following formulae: 90 degrees(ATAN(H/((T-B)* 0.5))), where H=Height, T= Top, and B=Bottom dimensions of the bar, the bottom dimension being measured to the theoretical sharp edges.
The minimum acceptable fineness is 995.0 parts per thousand fine gold
- Serial number (see additional comments in section 7 of the GDL Rules)
- Assay stamp of refiner
- Fineness (to four significant figures)
- Year of manufacture (see additional comments in section 7 of the GDL Rules)